Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Saaay Braces!


On the 13th of this month I took Kaitlyn to see her favorite dentist. We all love the dentist! He also happens to be the cutest dentist I've ever seen. :) Kaitlyn was SO excited for this day to come. Sleep didn't come easy for he the night before. She had been anticipating this day for years. The day she would finally get braces. Here is a picture of her before braces.
Why she was so excited I don't know.  Ok, I guess I do know.  I remember when I got baces on for my 16th birthday it was so fun and exciting.  Ok, it really wasn't fun or exciting, but I guess when you're still 13 and your dentist is your dad it still is exciting.
 I checked Kaitlyn out of school, along with her cousins Sharon and Mary who happened to be getting their teeth checked by their favorite dentist too.  We signed in and waiting for our name to be called.  It was only about 5 minutes, but to Kaitlyn it felt like hours!
 Finally it was time.  After a good cleaning of her teeth, her dad put the guard on her mouth.  We had a lot of fun trying to get her to frown an talk with this thing on.  Karly did not like that in Kaitlyn's mouth.  She kept saying that Kaitlyn was a scary monster and didn't want any part of this process.
Next came the brackets that would help evenly space the braces on.  Karly said she looked like an alligator.  You be the judge.                                           
 After that is was smooth sailing.  Wire and rubber bands were added and the guard was removed.  Purple and orange were the first colors she chose:  Purple because it's her favorite color, and orange because that was Clarissa's favorite color.  Aww, how thoughtful!

Everyone say BRACEFACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment