Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy 11th Birthday to my FAVORITE boy!

3-22-02.  That's the day I brought this fine lookin' feller into this world.  He was not too happy about geting here and let everyone know.  When Ethan was born, it was my fastest labor.  9 hours.  He has been so much fun to have in our lives.  I feel so blessed to be his mom.  Here is a memory of Ethan when he was younger.  When he was about 6 we had a bunch of pet fish.  One day one of them died.
Ethan:  Mom, one of the fish is dead.
Me: Ok,  Do you remember what kind it was?
Ethan:  I can't remember the name.... but it's kinda like a chimichanga, but it's not a chimichanga at all.
Me:  A chimichanga fish, huh?  What did it look like?
Ethan:  Well, it was brown and white and it's name was Butterfinger.
Me:  Ethan, that's a Molly fish!
Ethan:  Yeah, I know!  A tamale fish!  That's kinda like a chimichanga, right?
This boy always has something funny to say.  And now onto the Party!
 Here is Ethan when he got up on his Birthday.  I love how my kids love to sleep in the living room.  why did I buy them beds again?  I shoulda just bought them a couch for their room.
Today was only a half day of school since it was parent teacher conference.  So we decided to have his friends come over for lunch and cake and ice cream.  He invited 12 boys.  I think they all made it plus some.  His FAVORITE surprise of all was Jaden Mulder got to come party with him!  Jaden and Ethan have been friends for several years, and a little more than a year ago the Mulders moved away.  Such a sad time.  BUT we have kept in touch and the Mulders were on Spring break, so it worked out great!
For the cake I was so happy when Ethan told me he just wanted a simple cake for his birthday.  Whew.  Since I was still on cruthes, I had made 4 dozen cupcakes in the last 2 days, I was all too happy to comply with his wishes. 
Make a wish!
 Fire Power!
 After lunch, cake and ice cream, I attempted a group shot. With THAT many boys running around, it was hard to get them to all be together again.  I tried anyway.

And I had to do it again when we found a couple more boys who made it in late.
 Ethan opened his cool gifts, and I must say, this was the COOLEST idea for wrapping paper ever!  Inside was a box of swedish fish... which happen to be his fav. candy.  Awesome gift, Mulder.
 Ethan had been asking for this movie FOREVER!  I told him he could rent it for his birthday, but since it's so funny and a clean movie, I figured we could just add it to the collection.
It was a crazy afternoon, but so well worth it because I got to spend some time with the Mulder family.  We miss that family! 
All in all Ethan made out like a bandit.  He got some cool gifts, including a cooking set for when he goes camping, and money.  Money is pretty important to Ethan, because he's saving for a Kindle, just like the one his sisters have.
 
Here are a few of Ethan's favorite things this year:  MONEY, His motorcycle, 4 wheelers, legos, Undercover Wii game, teasing his sisters, hunting, and fishing.
Accomplishments:  Got his Weblos award, won a pinewood derby, recieved his arrow of light, went javelina hunting, and survived another year.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment