Thursday, February 14, 2013

Nothing says Happy Valentines Day like dirt and worms!

Ethan is my only boy in our family, and boy oh boy is he EVER all boy!  He loves to be outdoors and dig in the dirt and just get dirty!  This year he is in the 5th grade.  This is also the first year in a LONG time I've only had 1 kid in elementary.  1 party.  I liked the sound of that.  I was thinking of doing something very simple as usual, but he convinced me that I needed to do something special since I only had 1 kid to make stuff for!  Ok, you got me there.  So thanks to my handy dandy cricut and pinterest, I came up with this for valentines. 
 
 
If you know Ethan you'll probably agree this is very fitting for this boy.  For those who don't know Ethan, you'll just have to take my word for it.  Here is the recipe I used if anyone is inerested:

1 pkg cream cheese softened
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 c of butter
2 cool whip containers thawed
1 1/2 pkgs of oreos
4 boxes of instant chocolate pudding
7 c of milk
a couple of pkgs of gummy worms
20 6-8 oz cups
20 spoons

mix pudding with milk.  put in fridge for about 5 minutes. 
mix cream cheese, sugar, butter, and cool whip.  Add to pudding mixture.
Put oreo cookies in a blender and mix till they are crumbs.

In a cup put cookie crumbs in the bottom.... about 1/2 tbsp. or so  Add 1/2 c. of pudding mix.  repeat process again.  Top the cup with cookie crumbs and add worms.

Stick in the fridge until you are ready to serve.   Easy and yummy!

For the little I dig you template I went here:   momsshoppingengine.com
I shrunk it down an little bit and copy and pasted until I had 24 on a page.  I changed the  color to blue and printed them out on blue paper.

I used the essentials cartridge for the scalloped edges and the circles.  Super easy, and super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment