Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas traditions with the Hansen Family

Chrismas with the Hansens has always been a treat for me. My 3 favorite things are luminarees, fajitas, and pinatas.

This year Clarissa and I went and did the luminaries. We start on Main Street and Porter and go all the way to the other end of town to Randall. It's quite an impressive amount of sacks that get put out. We light both sides of the street and our little town will even turn off the lights so the luminarees will shine. I love it. Some years I don't get to help due to conflicting schedules or crabby babies, but I always make time to go see it. What a wonderful tradition to be apart of!

The othes part of Christmas is fajitas and pinatas. I do look forward to the fajitas as it it the only time of year we eat them. This year though we changed things a little bit. Eleanor was recovering from her knee replacement so we had dinner at Lil and Brad's... Italian style. Lillian is a terrific cook as well as hostess. I look forward to her parties and her special touches on everything she does. The dinner was delicious and the kids loved the silly games we played. After awhile we went over to my house to break open the pinatas. This is what my kids live for.

Karly was a little unsure about the whole hitting with a stick concept. We spend all our time telling her not to hit and then we give her a stick and tell her to beat it? My what great parenting skills we have.


Ethan took a couple of swings and blew that pinata right open!




All the little kids scramble around gathering up their fair share of the the pinata loot.

Kaitlyn get a swing at the 2nd pinata.



Clarissa's turn at ol' frosty.



The breaking of the older kid's pinata


After the pinatas are destroyed and everyone has their loot, grandma announces the candy chosen to hold the highest reward. A certain candy is worth a dollar.... find them and you could get yourself a couple of bucks!



Ethan's reward. I think he's mesmorized by the green!

Clarissa's prize. Money is this teenager's best friend.



Kaitlyn's treasure. Grandma sure does spoil these kids. I'm thankful for the generosity of Grandma Hansen.

Karly's loot

This picture makes me smile. Dorothy, Eleanor's sister, came to visit and help with the pinatas. She got more then she bargained for with Ethan. He gave grandma a hug with all his balloons still attached. Poor Dorothy was just in the line of fire.

We had all the kids be sure to give grandmpa and grandpa a hug to thank them for all they did for them. I love the hat Gene is wearing. A nice trade for his cowboy hat

Ethan really wanted me to take this picture of him and his "awesomeness". I love that Ethan is so confident about himself.

We had a great Christmas and I will always remember the kindness and the generosity of Clarence's family. We truly have been blessed to belong to such a gret family. My Christmas wish is to have my kids treasure these memories and continue to make Christmas Traditions for themselves. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment