Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wildlife Park and Intimate Encounters


In the end of February we decided to take our kids to the Wildlike Park in Phoenix. We don't go to Phoenix just to visit. We only go when we HAVE to go, so this trip was a special one. We went just to have fun with the kids, visit Kevin and Chris at their new house, and of course, (the REAL reason) to buy a new pack for Clarence so he could go backpacking. He is a true mountain man in my eyes. He loves to go on high adventure hikes, where no sane person would consider venturing... just for the exercise and the thrill. Ok, it's also so he can find secret hunting spots for years to come. But still, a mountain man just the same.


Ok, so here we are the beginning of the day. We LOVE the aquariums!


Karly was especially enthralled with all the fish. She just wanted to catch one!If you look real close in the background you'll see these kid's distant relatives... or should I say not so distant relatives. Seriously, if you knew my family you'd understand!My kids were diggin' the penguins. They were zooming in and out of the water. They were funny to watch. See that cute little boy Kaitlyn is holding? That's O'rion, Kevin and Chris's eldest. Feeding the giraffes had to the the highlight of the trip. I love how personal these animals are.

You can't see it very well, but there is a Rhino in the background.
Seriously, I bet giraffe's would be great at french kissing. One of them wrapped their tongue around Clarissa's arm and woldn't let go. It was funny.
Not sure what these were called, but Ethan wants to shoot one.

Another shot of the monkeys. This one has a little baby in her arms. I just couldn't believe how close we were to them.
Really cool crocodile.... or is it alloigator? Nothing special here, but this is zebra is in a good position for a kill zone if we were hunting with a bow and arrow.... so I was told....
The park had an enclosement for the kangaroos that you could just walk though and pet them. I was a little scared of em...

Ethan asked if I was as old as these turtles.... thanks son. Almost, I told him. I think these turtles were in their 60's.
At the end of the day we went to the petting zoo. For a quarter you could get a handful of food for these critters. They were so funny to watch. If you just got near the food machine they would maul you to death! She really did enjoy it, you just have to believe me. Kaitlyn fell in love with this pygmy alpaca. It was so soft and friendly.
Of course Ethan loved these little guys. The problem is they loved to chew on everything! If you look closely you can see them eating his shirt. He kept telling me he didn't know they were eating it.... can't you tell by that innocent face? By the time we left the park, Ethan had 2 big ol' holes in his shirt from these deer. Karly fell in love with the pygmy goats. I think these little guys were my favorite too. A couple of weeks after coming here, we ended up buying some pygmy goats that live in the backyard. they are a lot of fun.
After a long day at the park it was time to go home. This picture reminded me of the monkeys we saw earlier in the day... what do you think? Any resemblance? It was a long day, but a great day to spend the day with our family. While we were there we ran into some old friends... actually the parents of my best friend growing up, the Stradlings. It was neat to see them after all these years, and they look just the same! I hope I don't age.
And last, I just had to put this one in here... doesn't this make you wanna go out and multiply just have cute babies? Love my family.

2 comments:

  1. ok, I NEED to go there so badly! This is the same one that Jessica and Beau went to right? Aweesome pictures...I LOVE the last one of Karli! SOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you titled this post "Intimate encounters" I thought you were going to post pictures of the turtles mating. Because HONESTLY that's what they were doing when we visited the Wildlife Zoo. They were so noisy you couldn't ignore them if you wanted to.

    That place is really really fun! We need to go back, Danny's sister lives really close to it.

    ReplyDelete