Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Haircuts, hunting, and happily ever after


My girls have been trying to grow thier hair out to donate to locks of love for a long time. FINALLY the day arrived and their hair was long enough to donate. Yeah!!! Here are their before pictures... Aren't they cute? As cute as rag muffins maybe!

I made an appointment at the hair salon here in town and these girls were giddy with excitement at the prospect of donating their hair. Kaitlyn was first.... chop chop!Can't you tell how happy she was? She has been trying for about 4 years to have her hair long enough. Her hair grows slower than a turtle with a broken leg (don't ask me what that means).
And alas, the finished product!Next was Clarissa. She's donated her hair twice before, and her hair grows as fast as grass in the monsoon season. This girl has super thick hair and it makes me a little jealous... but don't tell her that!

The finished products....


They both told me that they feel at least 3 lbs. lighter after this. Dang, if I could lose 3 lbs. jsut by getting my hair cut... sign me up!



This is Ethan with his kill in the backyard. I don't know why he loves to shoot these, but he does. He will also skin them (with help from his dad) and eat them. I'm not that brave. They say they taste like chicken, but I'll just take their word on that one.

Can you tell who this is supposed to be? This is my lame interpretation of Harriet Tubman. I will apologize in advance for the hideous costume, and some day I will beg for her forgiveness for allowing my daughter to go out in public like this. The 5th grade class did History Rocks, and as hard as I tried, this was the best I could come up with. Warning, image may not be suitable for some children.
I can't get enough of this girl. She loves to eat and make messes. But those eyes! They sparkle and melt me like butter.
We had the BYU ballet dancers come to our little town and perform a princess themed poduction. It was a full house and a lot of fun. I'm so glad I got to sneak away with my girls and spend time with them. I have felt like I neglected them for awhile on account of me taking care of the cutest baby ever (see picture above). his night was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went. These wonderful princesses were nice enought to snap a picture with my girls... Clarissa LOVES the color orange and was so excited to have her picture taken with this one.
There were only 2 guys in the whole production, and they were amazing. We were lucky enough to get a quick picture of these 2 fairies right before they went on stage. The girls were invited to wear their princess outfits and then they had cookies with the performers. Don't you just love their fine jewelry? The highlight of the night was during intermission and they called all the princesses up to dance with the ballet group. I wish I had better pictures though, but I don't. You just have to belive me when I said it was amazing. I loved seeing them get up there and try to turn and pivot on one foot... don't know what's it's called, but they had a lot of fun trying it. I hope this group comes back again sometime. It was a magical night for my girls.

1 comment:

  1. What IS that that Ethan killed???? blah!
    Um, I'm jealous that your princess pictures turned out soo pretty. Mine, weren't!

    ReplyDelete