Thursday, May 23, 2013

Marriage is what bwings us togetha today

Weddings and Girls Trip.  Two of my favorite things in life, and anytime I get to combine the 2 of them it's even better!  One of my best friends from high school found her true love and was getting hitched in the Houston temple!  I was super excited, and as soon as I could I booked my ticket to Houston. A couple of other of my besties came along for the trip.  I graduated with Jinny, Holli, and Alona for what seems like a long time ago.   Ok, who am I kidding?  18 years IS a long time ago!
We had quite the trip getting to Houston.  Our plane was delayed close to an hour due to severe weather in Houston.  Once we finally landed, we were in a holding pattern on the tarmac for another hour.  Once we were in the airport we waited yet AGAIN for another hour for our rental car. 
Finally we were on the road to see Alona!  Once we got to Alona's house she had a surprise for us.  We were getting threaded.  I encourage you to google it.  I call it the dreaded threaded.  I don't have pictures, but I can assure you I did it and my eyebrows have never been the same!
Around midnight Alona kissed he prince charming goodnight, but not before we snapped this picture.  The last picture of the happy couple BEFORE they became Mr. and Mrs.
 After everyone settled down and went to bed, us girls threw Alona a little bachelorette party.  We gave her fantastic advice and finally went to bed, exhausted and very well enlightened. :)
Saturday morning found us scurrying around getting ready for the day.  We were going to the Chocolate Bar for breakfast!  My goodness, I have never seen so many things dipped or covered in chocolate before.  I chose chocolate strawberries for breakfast.... probably the healthiest choice on the menu!
We kinda lost track of time and may have gotten lost on the way to the temple, but we finally made it and had to do a quick change in the parking lot.  Now THAT was a site to see. 
The wedding ceremony was beautiful, and many tears of joy were shed for the happy couple.  And now I introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Williams.
Robert (or Bob as we like to call him)  has a son from a previous marriage.  He was so cute, and such a gentleman!
  To celebrate this rare occasion of having us all together, a few pictures are in order.  Say chocolate!
 





After the wedding we went to a friends house for a delicious bbq dinner.  I do miss a good BBQ.  The reception was at Alona's boss's house.  It was so pretty.  The food was amazing, and the company was awesome! After a long night we lit the sparklers and said our goodbyes to our dear friend.
That night we stayed up until way too late again visiting with Alona's family.  I love the Bushman family, they are truly some of the best people I know.  I loved listening to Bro. Bushman tell his jokes and reminisce about he good ol' days. 
Sunday morning we said our good byes and headed to the airport.  Once in Phx. I visited Nolan's family, and Holli came home with me.  What a great way to spend Mothers Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment