Friday, May 24, 2013

Last day of school!


How did this happen?  Where did all the time go?  I swear it was just last week I was taking pictures of them as they headed off to their first day of school.  Could it already be the last day of school?  I am amazed at how much these kids have grown.... both physically and mentally this year. 
 
 
This is Clarissa's last day as a SOPHMORE!  I can't believe she only has 2 more years of high school left.  Clarissa is very smart, and this year she was inducted into National Honor Society, joined the ski club, went to Math Day in Flagstaff, and got to go to a competition for Chemisty at EA.  She is so lucky!  Clarissa has recently started writing poetry, and I have always enjoyed her stories.  The piano and flute are two of her favorite things, and she has a real gift for music as well.  She is a beautiful young lady that will soon be driving!  I'm very lucky to have her as my first kid.
Kaitlyn will be finishing up 7th grade this year.  She has had some health issues this year and is has effected her grades.  However, she has been quite the trooper and did her best to stick with it.  Kaitlyn is the Beehive class president, and takes her responsibility seriously.  She is a very responsible young lady and has recently taken up babysitting for others.  This year Kairlyn , like Clarissa, helped tutor the kids at the Naomi house twice a week.  It was a neat experience, and I know that the kids were blessed because of her service.  Kaitlyn has a live for music, and started taking paino lessons.  She LOVES to sing, and this year she was in the choir at school.  I love that Kaitlyn was my "middle" child and is very calm and loving to all.  She is considerate to others, and always looking for ways to help others happy.  I love her sweet disposition.

Ethan is leaving 5th grade this year.  Mr. Mosier was his teacher, and he was a blessing to have.   Ethan loves to draw and look at cool cars, something him and his teacher have in common.  This year Ethan has found his true love of riding his motorcycle he got for Christmas and paintballing.  He worked very hard this year and was able to buy not just a paintball gun, but also a kindle HD.  Ethan is easy going and easy to please, two things I love so much about him.  He is very obedient and a great friend.  School is still not his favorite thing, but this year he worked hard and was able to advance.  Ethan is very smart, and he has a real knack for math.  His favorite class is PE and he looks forward to his time outside.  This year Ethan was finally old enough to go javelina hunting.  Even though we came home empty handed, it was a fun experience to be able to go with my only boy.  I am sad that my 1 and only boy is growing up so fast.  It's safe to say that of all the kids, this one is the most excited for summer.
 One last picture of the kids before they load up on the bus for the last time this school year.
These kids are everything to me.  I am so lucky to be their mom.  I am excited to have them all to myself for the summer.  We have some fun activities planned this summer, but I am most excited about being able to spend my days with the cool kids.  I LOVE THESE KIDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment