Thursday, May 23, 2013

Graduation projects and a couple of other cards


Here are a few more of my creations that I've been up to lately.
This first card is a GREAT and easy card for a little boy's baptism.  For the front I used the congrats embossing folder, alphabet cartridge for the bog stars, and stickers for the name and foam starts.   I cheated on the inside though and just printed stuff off the computer with pictures I found online. Simple and perfect for my nephew!

My very good friend from High school recently got married.  I wanted to make something special for her wedding, so this is the card I came up with.  I wanted to make it very personalized, and I think I succeeded.  Her wedding colors were orange, lime green, white, and navy blue. 

Here is an alternate design.  I liked them both.


 
 
 
Now on to GRADUATION!!!!!
I am the Young Women President in my ward.  I love my Young Women, and when they graduate I miss them.  I made them some extra special cards this year.  I did get my idea off of pinterest, but then I made it my own. I love the way they turned out.  I also made money holder cards for a couple of other cards for my family and other seniors who gave me invites to their graduation.  I love how inking the embosser folder really brings out the brick look in the second card.
As part of the seniors gifts, I made these cute little purses with the bridal cartridge.  I am filling them with candy and giving it to my Laurels to help them "Purse"ue their dreams.
                                                       One final picture of the senior cards.  
           

For my young women who are promoting from 8th grade I made them some similar gifts for the seniors, but I added a different saying.  These purses are so cute and easy.  I love them!  I found some really cute square stickers on sale at Michaels that I used for the clasp.    
I put the card on the bottom of the purse and taped I shut and then added curly ribbon.  This picture doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

 
 
Now that I got the graduates taken care of I needed to turn my attention to the teachers who helped my children make it through yet another year of school.  I have a deep admiration for these teachers.  I made the apples using the country cartridge.  I showed my kids how to make a simple card and then let them design their own cards.  I used several different embossers on the main card, but all of them used the same Thank You embosser for the front. The inside I matted lined paper for them to write their thank you note. 
Here are a couple more cards one of my daughters made.  I thought they all did a fabulous job!

Now onto the gifts!  I have Pinterest to thank for these ideas.  Simple, yet very cute.
For the smores I cut a gallon ziplock bag in half and then used a sealer to make 2 long bags.  I filled the bag with a candy bar, 3 graham crackers, and 6 marshmallows.



I bought this little basket for a buck and added all the goods.


 
My last project I tackled is making birthday cards for the wonderful ladies I am privileged to work with in Young Women. I used the lettering from the Wall Décor cartridge and of course, the embosser was used for this project as well! 
The inside I went online and found this cute happy birthday wish already all done for me!  I used a couple of stickers and gems to make it more sparkly.  I'm all about the bling!

So there you have it.  My fingers hurt, my table is covered in glue, and my floor is littered with scraps of paper.  The craft room is a mess and the laundry is still needing folded, but some things just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment