Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Paint Balling and the Founders Day Fairy

Founders Day is always a favorite around here.  Yes, the wind usually blows, and yes, it is usually cold, but after awhile you just get used to it and realize how lucky we are to be here.  I love Joseph City.  I love the people, the country life, and the traditions.  Every year on founders day I can count on the anvil going off at 5:45 in the morning right in front of my house.  I can count on a pancake breakfast served by the scouts.  I can count on a couple of runs, and always a turkey shoot. I can count on the luncheon at the firehouse, folowed by the auction to support the Fire Station, and there are always activities to please the kids young and old.  When my parents were in charge of Founders Day a couple years back, we had a 4 wheeler/motorcycle race in the wash.  It was fun, but hasn't been done since.  I guess too many people got hurt.  Last year we had a big parade down main street, complete with several backhoes and front loaders. Just good ol' country fun.  This year the new game was paint balling.  Not my thing, but I do have a teenage daughter who thought it might be fun.  She has never gone before, but thanks to a lot of coaxing from her friends here and afar, she decided to try it.  After just a couple of minutes she was out.  But boy did she go out with a bang!  Needless to say, i don't think she will be trying paint balling anytime soon.  Ouch!
 At the auction I snagged a couple of items that I thought my kids would love.  I was not disapointed.  Here is my little Founders day fairy.  I just love her!

Founders day came and went.  I was so fortunate to get to spend some time with old friends, and meet a new one.  Alona brought her fiance to visit, so we went out with the Mulder family for dinner, and then back to my house for an evening of games and laughter with Holli Turley, Cara Hutchens, and Julie Clifford.  I love this bunch.  What a great way to end a day of traditions.  Next year, same place, same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment