Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Karly's Birthday Bash

I wasn't really planning on doing anything for Karly's birthday, but since I had my mom help me make 2 boxes of cupcakes for Ethan's school birthday, I felt compelled to do something for my girl.  After all, a girl only turns 3 once, right?  So about 4pm I got on the phone and text all my family that was in a 5 minute radius and invited them over for a spontaneous cupcake and ice cream party at 5:30.   Except I forgot to have Clarence pick up some more ice cream, so it was mostly just a cupcake party. 
 Before I get the lecture on being a lazy bad mom and a procrastinator, let me just back up a little bit and remind you that I was on crutches and REALLY having a hard time with it.  I don't like to ask for help, but to plan a party, go shopping, bake the cake, AND set up tables and chairs was just next to impossible by myself.  So I didn't.  What I did do is make a great dinner for my family and have a fast, yet fun party for my baby.... and then rush off to Young Women's, because that's how I roll.
 I love how excited she was to blow out the candles! 
 She put in a lot of concentration to blow out all these candles.  Whew, this is hard work!


Aww, the cake face plant.  She was totally diggin' her cupcake.  At first she was little timid, but once she figured out it was ok to shove her face in her cupcake, she was all for it!

 
 The final product.
 

 She was all into opening her gifts this year too.  I loved how she dove in and just tore everything apart to see her gifts.  She just kept yelling, "yeah, presents!  Yeah presents!"  She recieved some new shoes, a team Umi Zoomi movie, some more animal blocks, and a xylaphone.  She loved her gifts, and still does!



 

Here is a picture of some of some of the family that was able to make it to help celebrate this special girl turning 3.
                            
It was an exhausting day, but in the end I was so thankful to be able to spend time with my family and capture these moments.  I'm glad we decided to have an impromptu party!

No comments:

Post a Comment