Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The first day of school

I realize that the first day of school was a month ago, but better late than never, right? This day has been a long awaited day for some, and for others it was pure misery. Can you spot the one who hates school?

Ethan is starting 4th grade. He has Ms. Balda for a teacher. Ethan is NOT a fan of school, homework, being indoors, or sitting at a desk all day. He does like recess, PE, and lunch.




Kaitlyn has Mrs. Rush this year. She is in the 6th grade and loves school. Her favorite things about school are reading, computers, and lunch. There isn't a whole lot she doesn't like except maybe language arts. But isn't she cute?







Clarissa started high school this year. I can't believe I have a 14 year old! Cliarissa is doing volley ball this year and liking it. She likes seminary, band, and Honors English. Right now she is not a big fan of woods. And finally Karly. She is not happy about school starting either. She has to stay home and hang out with mom every day. I would be sad too if I had me to be with all day. But lucky for me, she thinks I'm still pretty cool. Every morning she goes out with the kids to tll them bye bye as they load the bus. When they start to trickle in about 3:30 she is all ready to play and just be with them.

I had a hard time letting the kids go this year. I don't know if it's because I'm losing my babysitters, or it it's because I realize how big they're getting and how such a short time I get to have them here with me. Maybe a little bit of both! Having a baby now has changed my life. I know this year will be busy as ever with sports and other events, but I hope that I can appreciate them when they're home and teach them a few things along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment