Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

7/7/77. That was the day I was born. I weighed 7 lbs and 6 3/4 oz. Almost the perfect baby. So here I am 34 years later, and still almost perfect. Ha ha. Not even close! I have so many imperfections and flaws it would take the rest of the year just to name them. So I won't. Instead I will tell you about my birth day according to my mom, who was present during the whole process. Here it is in her words:
I was visiting Show Low at the time. We lived in Chama, New Mexico. I was visiting my parents, and I knew I was close to having this baby. I didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl, since back then they didn't do ultra sounds. On the 7th of July I was out walking and started having contractions. I called my dad to let him know and then went to my parents house. I also called your dad to let him know that the baby would be here soon. I do tend to have babies rather quickly. He was working in Chama still, but had arranged for someone to bring him to Show Low by plane when it happened. The contractions grew stronger and stronger, and I was prepared to have that baby on the bathroom floor. My mom came in and said, "Oh no you won't! We're going to the hospital!" She rushed me to the hospital where I continued to labor. I was so ready to have you out, but you wouldn't come. Finally your dad arrived. He rushed into the room and THEN you came. We decided you were just waiting for your dad to be there. We named you Trina, since you were the 3rd (tri) to join our family.
So there you have it. My story. Now I'll fast forward 34 years and tell you what happened today.
I truly have the best husband. He isn't what you would call the romantic type, but he is dependable and patient and kind and ...... just amazing. This year he pretty much became perfect in my eyes and became the romantic type. He bought me flowers. And not just any flowers, the man bought me ROSES! 18 of em. With a card. I have waited 15 years for that. It was wonderful! I also received a very nice card from the RS as well as a card from Mike. Ah, the surrogate husband. How thoughtful of him. Julie bought me the most amazing shirt that I LOVE, and my mom bought me some cool shorts. I do have the best family and wonderful friends.
I usually spend my birthday at girls camp and the girls sing happy birthday to me and treat me like a queen. This year I had the pleasure of being serenaded to by the cub scouts and their families. It was a nice gesture, and I appreciated it. We had a pack meeting that night, and I'm the den leader as well as the mom of one awesome 9 year old! So there you have it. I had a great birthday and I was treated like a queen by my prince charming. Thank you for the great Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment