Saturday, August 2, 2014

Answered Prayers and Happy Kids

We left Nauvoo and told the kids we were heading back to Kansas City for a bit.  After being on a toll road for some time I noticed we were getting very low on gas.  Usually we fill up before we leave, but in all the confusion we didn't.  We had about a quarter of a tank, but we started climbing some hills and the gas light came on. I frantically searched with my phone to find the nearest gas station.  The closest one was 24 miles away, and our van said we had 15 miles until empty.  We said a prayer and hoped for the best.  Soon we noticed we were getting better mileage. The funny thing is we had to back track and it was uphill.  We made the last 4 or miles of the trip with the van saying 0 miles until empty.  Afterward we said a prayer of gratitude.  It was a good lesson for me, and I hope my kids learned something from it as well.  Some may say it was just luck, but we like to call it a Miracle.
Soon we were in Kansas City.  We kept driving around, and my kids were getting curious as to where we were going.  We told them we were staying the night here, but they thought we were joking since it was still so early in the day.  When we pulled onto Cabelas Lane they saw the Wolf Mountain Lodge, which was conveniently located next to Cabelas.   When we pulled into the parking lot of nit Cabelas, but Wolf Mountain Lodge, the van erupted in screams of excitement.  They couldn't BELIEVE their parents would let them stay here!  This was a pretty cool place to stay!  A little pricy, but much cheaper than an amusement park!  I didn't bring my camera the first day, so I missed shots of Clarissa, but here are a few from the next morning.
This place had EVERYTHING!
  3 big waterslides, 2 small ones for the younger ones, a wading pool with water slides, a basketball area, an obstacle course, a lazy river, 1 hot tub for the families, 1 GIANT hot tub for the adults, and a big tree house with lots of fun water toys. 
 They had lots of seating available as well,   And that was just the inside!  Outside they had goofy golf, a bigger pool, and more smaller slides.  So much to do!
  I was impressed with this place.  Clarissa had fun the first day, but grew tired of it and wanted to go to Cabelas with Clarence for the morning.  I enjoyed watching the 3 others, and even going down the big slides a time or two.  Or 3 or 4.  Ok, I had just as much fun as they did playing!  Of course I did manage to find time to slip away to the adult Jacuzzi pool as well. 

This was a COOL thing.  10,000 gallons of water poured down every 5 minutes on whoever was standing there.
 The kids would sit in the hot tub and wait for the warning bell to go off.  They knew they had 1 minute to run over there and get pounded.
 It was fun to watch them never tire of this.

Water slides in wading pool
I had to practically drag the kids out of the water when it was time to leave.


We drove through the night, and 18 hours later we made it home.  Home sweet home.  I am looking forward to NOT leaving anywhere for awhile.

All in all it was a GREAT vacation.  Who knows what's in store for next summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment